Skip to main content
Step 1 | Initial Consultation & Design
- Meet to discuss your requirements and aspirations.
- Spend time developing a good brief.
- Conduct a survey of your site or your existing building.
- Develop initial sketch designs.
- Agree on a time plan, budget, and other project-specific requirements.
- Consider the need for other specialist consultants if required.
Step 2 | Developed Design & Planning
- Develop the Initial Design in a dynamic two-way dialogue with the client into a full set of drawings describing the scheme.
- Consider environmental issues, energy efficiency, embodied carbon, and test the scheme against chosen standards, e.g. Passivhaus.
- Check the scheme design against the client budget by means of a preliminary cost plan.
- Prepare detailed drawings, including floor plans, elevations, sections, and 3D views required for planning approval.
- Make an application for planning permission if required.
- Obtain a Fire Safety Certificate and a Disability Access Certificate for non-domestic schemes.
Step 3 | Detailed Design & Tender
- Produce full Construction Drawings, incorporating any changes required by the Grant of Planning Permission.
- Liaise closely with specialist consultants as needed.
- Check Building Regulation compliance and other energy or environmental standards.
- Issue tender documents to at least three contractors for pricing.
- Review tender returns and enter into a contract with the selected contractor.
Step 4 | Construction & Completion
- Act as an independent advisor during construction, inspecting the building work at regular intervals.
- Monitor compliance with Building Regulations.
- Prepare a final snag list of outstanding defects in collaboration with the client.
- Verify that all defects are rectified before releasing final payments.